Jocelyn Pedersen is an award-winning, AP-published professional journalist with hundreds of published clips in various newspapers and magazines. A lover of the mystery and thriller, she eats popcorn while watching documentaries about serial killers and huddles under blankets on the couch while watching Criminal Minds with her friends and family.
She enjoys her kids, the beach, teaching writing at the University of Oklahoma, and being a former sheep farmer, considers herself a sheepie slipper aficionado. She has more animals than brains and wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Lecturer, University of Oklahoma, Price College of Business, Center for Student Success.
- Adjunct Instructor, University of Oklahoma, Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Freelance Writer published in Oklahoma Living Magazine, Norman Magazine, Price Magazine, Sooner Magazine, The Norman Transcript, The Oklahoman, The Journal Record, Enid News, Stillwater News Press, The Moore American, Main Street Magazine, Boyd Street Magazine, National Association for Music Education: Oklahoma Music, Abner Magazine, Silk Magazine, Oklahoma City Community College’s Pioneer, The Sooner Catholic, The Havelock News: Havelock, NC; The Lindsay News: Lindsay, OK; OU’s Gaylord Extra online newsletter, The Cleveland County Chronicle, The Purcell Register, The Noble Free Press, The Lexington Observer, McAlester News-Capital and The Danish Pioneer.
- Top Abstract Award in Media Management, Economics, and Entrepreneurship Division for “The Effects of Native Advertising on Journalism” co-authored with Seung Hyun Kim and Dr. Doyle Yoon, AEJMC Midwinter Conference, February, 2016
- Award of Excellence for Communicating a Cooperative Principle from Oklahoma Living Magazine for “Burning to Help,” (July 2012, pg. 17-18)
- Award of Excellence in Journalism for Best Lead from Oklahoma Living Magazine, for “House Made of Straw” (Sept. 2012, pg. 36, 38)
- Award of Excellence in Journalism for Best Feature Communicating a Cooperative Principle from Oklahoma Living Magazine, August 2013, for “Heartland Rabbit Rescue Offers Something for Every Bunny” (Jan. 2013, pg. 7, 29)
- 1st Place recipient in Feature Writing contest at OWFI Oklahoma Writers Federation, Inc. conference, 2010 for “A Miracle for Fun”
- Guest Lecturer to Dr. Jeff Grishow’s Study Abroad Class, Wilfred Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, May, 2016
- Library Means Business Workshop, Norman Public Library, April 2016. Business Correspondence.
- Church Search Committee, 2015
- OU Price College Day of Service volunteer, 2015 to present
- OU Big Event Day of Service volunteer, 2013, 2015
- Board Member, Noble Chamber of Commerce, Secretary May 2013 to July 2014
For press inquiries, speaking engagements or general contact matters send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org